Persons With Disabilities
An identifying placard to be prominently displayed on a motor vehicle used to transport such person with a disability.
A distinguishing license plate to be displayed on a motor vehicle owned by such person.
If the person with a disability is also a Disabled Veteran as determined by 42-3-213(5), C.R.S., that person may elect to display the Handicap Disabled Veteran license plates.
- Mobility: Persons who cannot walk two-hundred feet without stopping to rest.
- Assisted Mobility: Persons who cannot walk without the use of, or assistance from, a brace, cane, crutch, another person, prosthetic device, wheelchair, or other assistive device.
- Respiratory: Persons who are restricted by lung disease to such an extent that the person’s forced (respiratory) expiratory volume for one second when measured by spirometry is less than one liter, or the arterial oxygen tension is less than sixty mm/hg on room air or at rest.
- Oxygen: Persons who use portable oxygen.
- Cardiac: Persons who have a cardiac condition to the extent that the person’s functional limitations are classified in severity as class III or IV according to the standards of the American Heart Association.
- Other: Persons who are severely limited in their ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition.
- Persons With Disabilities Application
- Persons With Disabilities Brochure
- Colorado Revised Statutes:42-3-204 C.R.S., 42-4-1208 C.R.S., 1 CCR 204-10 Rule 25 Code of Federal Regulations 23 CFR 1235
* "Professional" means a physician licensed to practice medicine or practicing medicine pursuant to section 12-36-106 (3) (i), C.R.S. (i) the performance by commissioned medical officers of the armed forces of the United States of America or of the United States public health service or of the United States veterans administration of their lawful duties in this state as such officers. A physician assistant licensed pursuant to section 12-36-107.4, C.R.S., a podiatrist licensed under article 32 of title 12, C.R.S., an advanced practice nurse registered pursuant to section 12-38-111.5, C.R.S., or a physician, physician assistant, podiatrist, or advanced practice nurse authorized to practice professionally by another state that shares a common border with Colorado. Additional professionals for Short Term Placards only: Chiropractor licensed under article 32 of title 12, C.R.S and Physical Therapist licensed under article 32 of title 12, C.R.S