Individuals over the age of 65
- May not renew their driver license online (C.R.S. 42-2-118 (1.5) (a) (I)).
- May renew by mail.
- May renew their driver license in an office.
- First time applicants must visit a driver license office.
- Individuals wishing to step down from a driver license to an identification card may do so online or at a driver license office.
- Individuals over the age of 60 wishing to obtain an identification card in lieu of a driver license* may do so at no charge.
- Individuals over the age of 65 may renew their identification card online up to two consecutive times, by mail or at an office.
* There is no charge for a Colorado State ID for individuals 60 or over only, regular fees apply for a Colorado Driver License