General Information

Driver Licenses / Permits / ID Cards

Colorado residents may hold a Colorado driver license OR Colorado ID card - not both.

What do I need to get a license, permit or ID card?

  • Identification
  • Social Security number or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
    • Proof of Social Security number or a signed sworn statement made under penalty of law that they do not have a Social Security number is required for U.S. citizens or individuals who can demonstrate permanent lawful presence in the U.S. who do not hold a valid Colorado driver license, identification card or instruction permit
    • Non-lawfully present residents must present their ITIN card or letter from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
For additional information, call 303-205-5694