DENVER — Wednesday, June 21, 2017 — Gov. John Hickenlooper announced Boards and Commissions appointments to the State Agricultural Commission, State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Commission on Family Medicine, State Board of Nursing, Passenger Tramway Safety Board, Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board, Colorado Racing Commission and Real Estate Commission.
The State Agricultural Commission formulates policy with respect to the management of the Department of Agriculture. The Commission also advises and makes recommendations to the Governor and General Assembly.
For a term expiring March 1, 2019:
Rebecca Lynn Larson of Longmont, an Unaffiliated, from the Second Agricultural District to serve as a member from the State at-large, and occasioned by the resignation of Susan Kay Petrocco of Brighton, appointed.
For terms expiring March 1, 2021:
- Marty Joe Gerace of Golden, a Republican, from the First Agricultural District to serve as a member from the State at-large, appointed;
- Michael Conrad Hirakata of La Junta, a Republican, from the Third Agricultural District to serve as a member from the State at-large, reappointed;
- Brett Brand Rutledge of Yuma, a Democrat, from the Second Agricultural District, reappointed;
- Steve Dale Young of Holyoke, a Republican, from the Second Agricultural District, to serve as a member from the State at-large, reappointed.
The State Board of Chiropractic Examiners makes rules and regulations dealing with the Chiropractic Profession in Colorado. It also grants licenses to qualified applicants, approves chiropractic schools and conducts hearings when necessary.
For a term expiring May 18, 2019:
Donald Steven Coreman, MD, DC of Edwards, to serve as a chiropractor, and occasioned by the resignation of Princess Paige Moss, BS, DC of Loveland, appointed;
For terms expiring May 18, 2021:
- Jose Luis Chavez of Fruita, to serve as a public member, appointed;
- Randy Russell Knoche, DC of Colorado Springs, to serve as a chiropractor, reappointed;
- Michelle Wendling, DC of Denver, to serve as a chiropractor, reappointed.
The Commission on Family Medicine assures that family medicine residency programs maintain high quality training, approves and recommends allocation of state funds to the programs, locates areas of the state that are underserved by family physicians, offers ideas on providing medical care to the medically indigent in the state, and supports the development of rural training programs.
For terms expiring July 1, 2020:
- Brenda Rushing Fosmire of Golden, to serve as a health care consumer from the Seventh Congressional District and as an Unaffiliated, appointed;
- Victoria Zavala Hatfield of Centennial, to serve as a health care consumer and from the Fifth Congressional District and as a Democrat, appointed;
- Thomas Clinton Westfall of Sterling, to serve as a health care consumer from the Fourth Congressional District and as a Republican, appointed.
The State Board of Nursing examines and licenses registered and practical nurses. It also approves nursing programs and standards, and investigates complaints filed against nurses.
For terms expiring July 1, 2021:
- Sharon Kay Devine RN, MA, BSN, NEA-BC of Denver, as a licensed professional nurse employed in a nursing care facility, reappointed;
- Bernard Joseph Franta, RN, DNP, HNP, ACNP, FNP-BC, of Westcliffe, a licensed professional nurse who is registered as an advance practice nurse, appointed;
- Carolyn Lucey Sanders, RN, PhD, NEA-BC, FACHE of Greenwood Village, a licensed professional nurse engaged in nursing service administration, reappointed;
- Kristin Moore Waldrop, LPN, CNA of Colorado Springs, to serve as a licensed practical nurse in a rural hospital engaged in the practice of practical nursing, appointed.
The Passenger Tramway Safety Board makes rules and regulations for the construction, operation and maintenance of passenger tramways.
For terms expiring June 30, 2021:
- Clark Albert Lane III of Granby, to serve as an area operator, appointed;
- Carrie Michelle Marsala of Colorado Springs, to serve as a member of the public, appointed;
- Robin Ann Vidimos, PE(NCEES), PMP of Centennial, to serve as a professional engineer not employed by a ski area or related industry, appointed.
The Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board protects the health and safety of students, teachers, and other persons using public school facilities. The Board maximizes student achievement by ensuring the condition and capacity of public school facilities are sufficient to provide a safe and uncrowded environment that is conducive to students’ learning.
Effective July 22, 2017 for a term expiring July 22, 2019:
Timothy John Reed of Highlands Ranch, a construction manager who at the time of appointment manages public school facilities construction projects or who has recent experience managing such projects, reappointed.
The Colorado Racing Commission regulates and supervises pari-mutuel wagering (for horses and dogs), including enforcement of rules, supervision of race meets and racing officials, and collection of revenues to the State.
For a term expiring July 1, 2021:
Pam Oldham Inmann of Castle Rock, and a resident of the Fourth Congressional District, who has been engaged in business in a management-level capacity for at least five years, reappointed.
The Real Estate Commission regulates the licensing and conduct of real estate brokers and salespeople and pre-owned home warranty service companies.
For a term expiring April 12, 2020:
Carolyn Ann Rogers, GRI, RMP, MPM of Colorado Springs, to serve as a real estate broker with significant experience in property management, appointed.
The State Board of Veterinary Medicine regulates and licenses veterinarians in the State of Colorado. The Board establishes and enforces professional standards through the development and maintenance of rules and policies, ensuring that only qualified persons are licensed to provide veterinary care, and that violators of the laws and rules regulating veterinary medicine are sanctioned as appropriate.
For terms expiring June 30, 2021:
- Joseph Bryan Barker, DVM of Pueblo, to serve as a licensed veterinarian, reappointed;
- Steven Kent Barton of Canon City, to serve as a consumer, appointed;
- Kris J. Fattor, DVM, MBA of Black Hawk, to serve as a licensed veterinarian, appointed.