DENVER — Friday, Feb. 1, 2013 — Gov. John Hickenlooper announced several Boards and Commissions appointments today. The appointments were to the Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp Committee; the Nurse Physician Advisory Task Force for Colorado Health Care; the State Board of Dental Examiners; the Urban Drainage and Flood Control District Board of Directors; and the Water Quality Control Commission.
The Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp Committee annually reviews proposed projects for expenditure of Colorado wildlife habitat stamp funds and make recommendations to the director and the wildlife commission.
The member appointed for a term expiring Dec. 31, 2014:
- Daniel J. Larkin of Salida, to serve as a sportsperson, reappointed.
The members appointed for terms expiring Dec. 31, 2016:
- Don O. Cook of Craig, to serve as a landowner actively engaged in agriculture, reappointed.
- John H. Thatcher of Pueblo, to serve as a landowner actively engaged in agriculture.
The Nurse Physician Advisory Task Force for Colorado Health Care promotes public safety and improves health care in Colorado by supporting collaboration and communication between the practices of nursing and medicine. The member appointed for a term expiring Sept. 11, 2015:
- Dr. Christine Gilroy of Denver, to serve as a representative of the physician community who may or may not be a member of a statewide physicians’ organization, reappointed.
The State Board of Dental Examiners makes rules and regulations, examines and licenses dentists and dental hygienists, and conducts hearings regarding the suspension or revocation of licenses. The members appointed for terms expiring Jan. 1, 2017:
- Peter D. Carlesimo of Fort Collins, to serve as a dentist, reappointed.
- Annette G. Isenbart of Stratton, to serve as a dental hygienist professional, reappointed.
- Sarah Elise Kuykendall of Highlands Ranch, to serve as a member of the public-at-large.
- Mason O. Miner of Durango, to serve as a dentist.
- Laurie A. Stein of Cedaredge, to serve as a dentist.
- Patricia Ann Schonberger of Brush, to serve as a dental hygienist professional.
The Urban Drainage and Flood Control District Board of Directors assists local governments in the planning, design, construction and maintenance of multi-jurisdictional drainage and flood control projects. The members appointed for terms expiring Jan. 31, 2015:
- Bonnie J. McNulty of Edgewater to serve as a member from Jefferson County, reappointed.
- Debbie A. Brinkman of Littleton to serve as a member from Arapahoe County, reappointed.
The Water Quality Control Commission develops and maintains a comprehensive and effective program for prevention, control and abatement of water pollution of the waters throughout the entire State. The appointments must be confirmed by the Colorado Senate. The members appointed for terms expiring Feb. 15, 2016:
- Andrew S. Todd of Denver to serve as member, reappointed.
- Barbara J. Biggs of Denver to serve as a member.
- James Arthur Rada of Denver to serve as a member.