Featuring John Fogerty and Big Head Todd and the Monsters
DENVER — Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016 — Gov. John Hickenlooper and Mayor Michael B. Hancock will host Colorado Remembers 9/11 to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The event will include a remembrance ceremony to pay respects to all victims of terrorism and honor first responders and service men and women. Following the ceremony, there will be a free tribute concert featuring John Fogerty and Big Head Todd and the Monsters recognizing America’s heroes and freedoms. Colorado Remembers 9/11 is free and open to the public.
The event is presented in partnership with the Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab (CELL), The Denver Post, AEG Live Rocky Mountains, U.S. Senators Michael Bennet and Cory Gardner, U.S. Attorney Bob Troyer, U.S. Representatives Diana DeGette, Doug Lamborn, Ed Perlmutter, Mike Coffman, Jared Polis, Scott Tipton, and Ken Buck, and state leadership.
Colorado Remembers 9/11 includes:
- Steel recovered from the World Trade Center will be on display – More than 30 Honor Guards from across the state will continually rotate and protect the steel
- Fire truck used in recovery efforts at the Pentagon (now in service in Lamar, CO)
- Procession with more than 250 U.S. armed forces and first responders
- Bell ceremony led by the U.S. Navy and a representative from the Air Line Pilots Association
- Military honors, including Taps, cannon and 21-gun salutes
- An array of public safety demonstrations and interactive activities for families to explore, including fire trucks, robots, search and rescue dogs, and more. (Located in Lincoln Park, in front of the Capitol building)
When: Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.
Where: Denver's Civic Center Park
Who: Remembrance Ceremony – Special Addresses by:
- Gov. John Hickenlooper
- Mayor Michael B. Hancock
- U.S. Senator Michael Bennet
- U.S. Senator Cory Gardner
Tribute Concert - Live Musical Performances by:
- Rock legend John Fogerty
- Colorado’s own Big Head Todd and the Monsters
RSVP Required For ALL ATTENDING PRESS:
Press representatives are required to register and obtain credentials upon arrival to Civic Center Park on Sunday, Sept. 11. Press registration opens at 9:30 a.m. at the corner of 14th St. and Bannock. If you know you will be in attendance, please email Meg Dubray at MeganDubray@gmail.com or would like to request an interview prior to 9:30 a.m.