Welcome to the Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions. We are continually looking for qualified candidates to serve on almost 300 boards and commissions that oversee a large variety of subjects and make a wide range of decisions affecting your day-to-day lives as Coloradans.
To all agency contacts:
The Colorado Peace Officers Standards and Training Board is accepting Board Member applications for an active peace officer with a rank of sergeant or below to fill a vacated appointment on the Board. The deadline for applications is 5:00 pm, Friday, February 16, 2018. This appointment is effective upon Governor Hickenlooper signing the executive order, and expires June 30, 2018. The appointment may be eligible for reappointment for two three-year terms, as the vacated term has less than six months remaining.
Information regarding the duties and powers of the POST Board are available in the POST Manual, § 24-31-303 C.R.S., page A-48. The POST Manual is available on the POST website.
Applicants may submit their application here. Applications are due by February 16, 2018. Applications will be reviewed and phone interviews will take place February 20th - 23rd.
Pursuant to the passage of Senate Bill 15-210, “Concerning the creation of the Title Insurance Commission (TIC), and, in connection therewith, making an appropriation,” the Division of Insurance (Division) is soliciting an applicant for membership to the Title Insurance Commission (TIC). Individuals interested in applying must submit an application to the Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions at https://www.tfaforms.com/290254
The deadline for submitting applications is March 1, 2018.
Pursuant to SB 15-210, the Title Insurance Commission is an advisory body to the Commissioner of Insurance (Commissioner) concerning matters relating to the regulation of the title insurance industry and the conduct of the business of title insurance. The duties of the TIC may include:
- Proposing, advising, and recommending new rules and amendments to current rules regarding the implementation and administration of the business of title insurance;
- Proposing, advising, and recommending bulletins and position statements related to the business of title insurance;
- Proposing, advising, and recommending additional consumer protections relating to title insurance;
- Consulting with the Commissioner regarding final agency actions related to enforcement or licensing actions taken against a title insurance company, a title insurance agent, or a title insurance agency; and
- Consulting with the Commissioner regarding final agency actions relating to market conduct actions taken against a title insurance company or a title insurance agency.
Pursuant to SB 15-210, the TIC shall consist of nine (9) members appointed by the Governor. Three (3) members must be employees of title insurance companies, three (3) members must be employees of a title insurance agent, and three (3) members must be members of the public. This appointment will be to fill a vacancy for one of the three members that must be employees of a title insurance agent.
Boards and Commissions Opportunities
We are looking for applicants for the following boards and commissions that have terms expiring in January and February. If you are interested in applying, please submit your application and resume as soon as possible. We ask that applicants apply to no more than five boards at a time.
- Automobile Theft Prevention Board
- eHealth Commission
- StudyColorado Board of Directors
- Colorado Water Conservation Board
- Water Quality Control Commission
- Colorado HIV Alliance for Prevention, Care, and Treatment
- Colorado Coroners Standards and Training Board
- Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Colorado Podiatry Board
- Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education
Additionally, the following boards currently have vacancies due to resignations. Listed are the board, and the position which is currently vacant. All appointees will fill out the remainder of the resignee's term.
- Economic Development Commission- Governors designee
- Colorado Advisory Council for Person's with Disabiliites, representing a state agency serving persons with disabilities
- State Innovation Model Advisory Board, representing a health plan recommended by statewide association of health plans
- State Emergency Medical and Trauma Services Advisory Council (SEMTAC)- County Emergency Manager
- High-Performance Transportation Enterprise- Professional expertise in transportation planning or development, local government, design-build contracting, public or private finance, engineering, environmental issues, or any other area that the Governor believes will benefit the board in the execution of it's powers and performance of it's duties
- State Rehabilitation Advisory Council- Federal section 121 program for tribal communities
- Colorado Dental Board- public member
- Colorado InterAgency Coordinating Council- service provider for early intervention services
- Mental Health Advisory Board- proprietary skilled health care facilities
- Stroke Advisory Board- a physician who is actively involved in stroke care and who is board-certified in primary care
- Colorado Civil Rights Commission- representative of a state or local government entity AND representative of the community at large
- Juvenile Parole Board- public member/not employed by state
- Pollution Prevention- representative of business
- Developmental Disabilities- representative of the state protection and advocay system, a parent of person with developmental disabilities AND a person with developmental disabilities
Anyone interested in appointment needs to complete the online application. Questions about the application and review process should be directed to Romaine Pacheco, Director, Governor's Office of Boards and Commissions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-866-6380.
Interested in a Boards and Commissions opportunity? Complete the online application, you will receive an email confirming your submission.
Since many of these positions require representation from specific geographic districts of the State, maps of Colorado's judicial, congressional and state planning and management regions are available below for your reference.
- Congressional Districts
- Judicial Districts
- Colorado Water Divisions
- Agricultural Districts
- Regional Emergency and Trauma Advisory Councils
- Scientific and Cultural Facilities Districts
If you have any questions about Boards and Commissions, please contact:
Boards and Commissions Director