DENVER – Thursday, June 25, 2015 – Gov. John Hickenlooper today announced several Boards and Commissions appointments to the Board of Real Estate Appraisers, the Denver Metropolitan Area Regional Air Quality Council, the Early Childhood Leadership Commission and the Colorado Advisory Council for Persons with Disabilities.
The Board of Real Estate Appraisers conducts rulemaking hearings, makes policy decisions, considers licensing matters, reviews complaints and takes disciplinary action against real estate appraisers. For terms expiring July 1, 2018:
- Mark Charles Pope, MAI of Colorado Springs, Colorado, to serve as a real estate appraiser, appointed;
- Peter Edward Muccio of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a member of the pubic, reappointed;
- Scot Michael Rose of Lafayette, Colorado, to serve as a representative of appraisal management companies, reappointed.
The Denver Metropolitan Area Regional Air Quality Council prepares air quality plans for the Denver metropolitan region which demonstrate and ensure long-term compliance with federal air quality standards. For a term expiring April 30, 2018:
- Shakti of Lakewood, Colorado, to serve as a representative of local government in the Denver metropolitan area, appointed.
The Early Childhood Leadership Commission promotes the coordination of policies and procedures that affect the health and well-being of Colorado children. A bipartisan public-private partnership of state leaders and decision makers, the Commission seeks to improve outcomes for young children ages birth to eight and their families by advancing the alignment, coordination and efficiency of programs and services. For terms expiring July 1, 2018:
- Joseph A. Garcia of Pueblo, Colorado, to serve as Co Chair and as a representative of a public entity, reappointed;
- Anna Jo Haynes of Denver, Colorado, to serve as Co Chair and as a representative of early childhood supports and services, reappointed;
- Charlotte M. Brantley of Golden, Colorado, to serve as a representative of providers of early childhood supports and services, reappointed;
- Elsa I. Holguin of Lakewood, Colorado, to serve as a representative of foundations and non-profits for early childhood, reappointed;
- Anna K. Robinson of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a consumer of early childhood supports and services, reappointed.
The Colorado Advisory Council for Persons with Disabilities coordinates with state boards, advisory councils, and commissions established for or related to persons with disabilities, advises the governor and General Assembly on legislation and state policy affecting persons with disabilities, monitors the state’s implementation of Title II of the federal “Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990,” acts as an additional entry point for public grievances regarding disability issues, and refers those grievances to the appropriate state agency or personnel. For a term expiring October 7, 2016:
- Amy L. Davidson, to serve as a person with disabilities from business and industry, disability advocacy organizations and other nonprofit organizations, and occasioned by the resignation of Tom Denicio Muniz of Greeley, appointed.